Re: Brave browser

JM Casey

Hm, yes I noticed that updater as well, it’s running in background even though I haven’t used the browser in a while. I’ll see if it uninstalls with the programme on my system.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Travis Siegel
Sent: March 1, 2019 10:29 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Brave browser

Even after removing it, it left a program in the startup that was to update it.  I don't know why it didn't remove the update program after the uninstall.  I had to go into the directory where it had been installed, and remove the update program manually after killing it from task manager.  A reboot, and it went away, and hasn't come back, but I'm fairly sure there's still some mention of it in my registry, though I've not checked just yet, but I think that's something I'll have to do just to make sure it's truly gone.  I don't like programs that insert themselves into my boot sequence.  Wait until I run the silly thing, then ask me if I want to update it or not.  I don't believe I'll be using vivaldi anytime in the future, even if they do manage to make it completely accessible, just because of that little stunt.

On 2/28/2019 9:13 PM, Shaun Everiss wrote:

That is a problem what happened when you tried to uninstall that brouser out of interest.

That what eventually drove me away from a lot of bundled things, they always managed to screw somet6hing up after uninstall.

I once had a network wide security package which was really good till it did something I didn't want it to do and decided to change it.

On removing it completely, it blocked and dammaged so much of windows I had to reformat all my pcs to say the least I was happy I never payed money for it.

On 1/03/2019 11:57 AM, Travis Siegel wrote:

When I tried it several months ago, it worked, though it didn't work well enough to make it a primary browser.  I did have one heck of a time getting it uninstalled though.

This brave browser is based on chromium, which means it's opensource, so if you're concerned about security, go look at the source code, and set your mind to rest.

On 2/28/2019 4:28 PM, Andy wrote:

Vivaldi!  What a neat name for a browser!

Andy