Re: Easier way to edit exception dictionary?

Blaster

Marcio, Here's Giles reply reposted as you requested:

The easiest way I've found to edit or delete words in a dictionary
with many entries is to go to AppDate/Roaming/NVDA/speechDicts and
then open either the default.dic file or a dictionary in one of the
voiceDicts folder in a text editor like Notepad where you can use the
normal search methods to find the word, or part of a word, pattern or
its replacement.
In the file the flag for whether it is case sensative is 1 for true
and 0 for false. The second number is the flag for whether it is
anywehre, whole word only or a regular expression ... anywehre is 0,
regular expression is 1 and whole word is 2.
For example, a entry I added the other day was to get the word dynasty
to be pronounced the UK way rather than the American way. This is the
line of the default.dic file ... in case it doesn't show up here I'll
indicate the tab character with [tab] dynasty[tab]dinasty[tab]0[tab]0
If you make edits to a dictionary file then you have to re-start NVDA
for the dictionary edits to take effect, but it is often far easier
doing it that way than trying to find the word you want to edit in
the NVDA dictionary manager.
Hope you find this useful :)
Giles

On 3/2/19, marcio via Groups.Io <marcinhorj21=yahoo.com.br@groups.io> wrote:
Hi,
I've been off most of the time today and I'm still finishing reading the
emails for the day.
By accident, I ended up deleting Gile's explanation on this thread about
numbers for editing words on NVDA dictionaries.
Anyone would be kind enough to repost it or just tell me what are these
numbers and what each of them does?

Thanks a million and I apologize for being so careless, I'll be better
next time :)

Cheers,
Marcio

Em 02/03/2019 03:34, Jeff Samco escreveu:
I have set up a sizeable exception dictionary. If I wish to locate and
edit an entry I find it very tedious to arrow through the list. Is
there an easier method for locating a specific entry? Or, is there a
way to alphabetize the list to facilitate moving quickly through the
list?
Thanks,
Jeff