Re: Wreckless drivers

Felix G.

Hi Brian and list,
couldn't have picked a better subject.
It's a known issue and probably applies to all Braille display
manufacturers. Narrator uses BRLTTY for its communication with Braille
displays, and on Windows, BRLTTY requires an alternative LibUSB-based
driver. So right now the only way to use a Braille display with both
Narrator and another screen reader is to switch drivers.
Best,
Felix

Am So., 3. März 2019 um 12:26 Uhr schrieb Brian Tew via Groups.Io
<briantew1951@...>:

I got braille to work with windows narrator, but there is a problem.
In the settings under "choose a default driver for your braille display" there are three possible drivers listed, to wit:
libusb win32 freedom scientific focus 3, 1 of 3
narrator: libusb1.0 freedom scientific focus 3, 2 of 3
focus 3 braille display usb 3 of 3

If I choose the second driver narrator outputs braille, but nvda will not.
If I choose the third driver nvda outputs braille but narrator will not.
What's a poor widow to do? I need both screenreaders to do dots.

Can I somehow get narrator to use the second driver and nvda to use the third driver automatically?
Maybe using the old assoc command (I am comfortable using terminal commands)?
Any suggestions are appreciated.
running windows 10 on a x86/64 desktop.