Re: qualtrics

erik burggraaf <erik@...>

My experience has been that they use nonstandard select controls that can't be read by a screen reader. Often they can be acted on and it is possible to make an educated guess what's wanted but they aren't standard and don't report properly. Edit boxes work OK.

Best,

Erik

On March 3, 2019 4:20:51 PM enes sarıbaş <enes.saribas@...> wrote:

hi,

Actually, I have completed many qualtrics surveys, and they are
generally accessible, unless they use matrix style or graphical questions.

On 3/3/2019 9:18 PM, erik burggraaf wrote:
I haven't created any surveys with qualtrix, but I've taken a lot of
them, and they are sketchy in the extreme.

I feel that even if you hacked one into being somehow, a lot of
assistive technology users would be barriered from completing it.
Qualtrix is simply a bad idea.

Survey monkey and google forms are both very accessible for creation
and distribution.  Formstack is another great tool.  If qualtrix
dowsn't want to comply, they can go bankrupt and the industry won't
miss them.

Best,

Erik

On March 3, 2019 1:27:44 PM enes sarıbaş <enes.saribas@...> wrote:

hi all,

I need to conduct a survey as part of my masters project, and the things
I am doing, require me to use Qualtrics. However, the program doesn't
seem to be very accessible. For instance, I cannot change question type
to something which isn't multiple choice. Is there a way to use this
accessibly with NVDA? Have any other members used this software?