Re: NVDA 2019.1 beta 1 available for testing

Ian Westerland

Hi Quentin. Is there a typo in the title of the NVDA Beta? The update announcement in the NVDA help section says "April 2018 is now available." Should this read 2019? Just checking with you before I download.

Ian Westerland

Great to hear, thanks Rosemarie!
Yes, the ding sound is played when an error of some kind is written to the log.  It doesn't necessarily mean there is a problem for a regular user - and in many cases, having encountered an error, NVDA will try another way to do whatever it was trying to do.  So in many cases there may be a ding, but as a user, you don't notice anything amiss.
If you do find anything not working as it should, however, please do let us know!
Kind regards
Quentin.
On Mon, Mar 4, 2019 at 3:10 PM Rosemarie Chavarria <knitqueen2007@... <mailto:knitqueen2007@...>> wrote:
Hi, Quentin,____
__ __
I just downloaded the beta version and it's working great for me. I
do get the dinging sound but other than that, it's working great for
me.____
__ __
Rosemarie____
__ __