Re: backing up thunderbird

I havn't had ports burn out though I had a ram slot do that once.

Now, atguys.com has a cheap sound card for 10 bucks if you care.

On 4/03/2019 1:24 PM, Arlene wrote:

I could have done so. But here is the thing! If I did wait for a cheep usb sound card. I would have gotten it in the middle of March.  I’m taking a food safe class.  I got another extension until the end of March.  The guy at the source store said it would not be worth it.  When he was moving documents from my old computer He discovered that I had 3 or 4 ports burned out!  He tried putting speakers into all my usb ports and he found 3 or 4 of them burned out.  He and the people I live with My room mate and her family said just take the new computer and let the old one go.  I didn’t want to but it was time for it to go! I let the source store recycle the old win 7.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Gene
Sent: March 1, 2019 4:57 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] backing up thunderbird

I would suggest getting a cheap perhaps ten or fifteen U.S. dollar sound card and seeing if you can use the old computer with it.  its good to have another computer available and I always have at least two functioning computers available.  I recall you lost sound but that may mean your built-in sound card is no longer working.  All it may need is a USB sound card to get audio back.