Joseph Lee's add-ons and NVDA 2019.1: supported add-ons are compatible

Hi everyone,

As agreed to between add-on authors a few weeks ago (announcing compatibility statements between beta 1 and official release), I’d like to let folks know that supported add-ons coming from me are compatible with NVDA 2019.1. Supported add-ons include:

  • Add-on Updater
  • Easy Table Navigator
  • Enhanced Touch Gestures
  • Golden Cursor (maintenance only)
  • GoldWave
  • ObjPad
  • Object Location Tones
  • Resource Monitor
  • Screen Curtain (experimental)
  • StationPlaylist Studio
  • SystrayList
  • Virtual Review
  • Windows 10 App Essentials

Important notices regarding some of these:

  • Add-on Updater: 30 days after release of NVDA 2019.1, support for 2018.4 will be dropped from this add-on.
  • StationPlaylist Studio: for people using 18.09.x-LTS, after release of 18.09.8 in April, 18.09.x will enter bug fix only mode. Also, for those using stable releases, version 19.06 and later will require Studio 5.20 and later.
  • Windows 10 App Essentials: 30 days after release of NVDA 2019.1, support for 2018.3 will be dropped from this add-on as for add-on maintenance policy (supporting current and immediate past releases).

For add-ons dropping support for older NVDA releases:

  1. Although I did say 30 days, the schedule is a bit flexible, and I’ll let you know when support for older NVDA releases ends.
  2. For people using Add-on Updater (or for that matter, NVDA 2019.1 beta 1 and later), ending support for old NVDA releases means add-on manifest will be edited to reflect this change.

Lastly, although not stated in the subject line, once Python 3 version of NVDA ships, most (if not all) add-ons maintained by me will require that version of NVDA at some point in the future. To help out with transitions, I’ll give you a grace period where you can evaluate that future version of NVDA. Once the grace period closes, there’s no going back.

Cheers,

Joseph