From: "Robert Kingett" <kingettr@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Monday, March 04, 2019 12:12 PM
Subject: [nvda] Draft view in Microsoft word.

Per a few other blind writers, and the suggestion in the what's new for
the beta, I tried draft view in MS word 2016, Office 365, and it is, in
fact, much speedier to edit documents and otherwise, but the problem I
keep running into is getting word to open in draft view, rather than
print layout view.

I've tried editing the Normal template directly by opening it through
Microsoft word, making changes to it, adding header text, doing all the
writer requirement things for literary markets, switching the view to
draft view after making all the changes, then, saving by hitting CTRL S,
but upon opening a new, blank, document, the view defaults to print
layout view. Does anyone know of another way to always open in draft view?

I've also tried opening the normal template through Microsoft word,
then, immediately switching the view to draft view, then making
formatting changes, then saving the template, but it still opens to
print layout view.