Re: Draft view in Microsoft word.

Jonathan COHN

This might be available in the advanced settings of Word. Try the alt-d shortcut once you have the advanced settings open. I am not positive this forces draft mode, but my guess is that it does.

Jonathan

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Robert Kingett
Sent: Monday, March 04, 2019 7:12 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Draft view in Microsoft word.

Per a few other blind writers, and the suggestion in the what's new for the beta, I tried draft view in MS word 2016, Office 365, and it is, in fact, much speedier to edit documents and otherwise, but the problem I keep running into is getting word to open in draft view, rather than print layout view.

I've tried editing the Normal template directly by opening it through Microsoft word, making changes to it, adding header text, doing all the writer requirement things for literary markets, switching the view to draft view after making all the changes, then, saving by hitting CTRL S, but upon opening a new, blank, document, the view defaults to print layout view. Does anyone know of another way to always open in draft view?

I've also tried opening the normal template through Microsoft word, then, immediately switching the view to draft view, then making formatting changes, then saving the template, but it still opens to print layout view.