Re: Joseph Lee's add-ons and NVDA 2019.1: supported add-ons are compatible

Pascal Lambert <coccinelle86@...>

A wise decision, take care of yourself and thanks for your contributions to the NVDA community.

Best of luck and God bless.

Pascal

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Joseph Lee
Sent: Monday, March 4, 2019 11:44 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Joseph Lee's add-ons and NVDA 2019.1: supported add-ons are compatible

Hi all,

Also, I’m taking a break from everything that has to do with NVDA for a few weeks so I can get my health back. After a busy weekend and doing some internal translations work, it has become clear to me that I have sort of reached the limit as to how many things I can do at once. Thus, in order to concentrate on things outside of NVDA, I’m suspending all work related to NVDA, including add-on releases and development, code contribution and what not (for translators: I have resigned from translation work, but did say I’ll help out with 2019.1 translations).

In case folks would like to reach me online, emails will work. For those wishing to (finally) meet me offline, although I won’t be going to CSUN conference due to scheduling conflicts, I’ll be going to a national speech tournament in April to be held at Santa Ana, California.

Cheers,

Joseph

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Joseph Lee via Groups.Io
Sent: Monday, March 4, 2019 8:19 AM
To: 'NVDA screen reader development' <nvda-devel@...>
Subject: [nvda] Joseph Lee's add-ons and NVDA 2019.1: supported add-ons are compatible

Hi everyone,

As agreed to between add-on authors a few weeks ago (announcing compatibility statements between beta 1 and official release), I’d like to let folks know that supported add-ons coming from me are compatible with NVDA 2019.1. Supported add-ons include:

• Add-on Updater
  • Easy Table Navigator
  • Enhanced Touch Gestures
  • Golden Cursor (maintenance only)
  • GoldWave
  • ObjPad
  • Object Location Tones
  • Resource Monitor
  • Screen Curtain (experimental)
  • StationPlaylist Studio
  • SystrayList
  • Virtual Review
  • Windows 10 App Essentials

Important notices regarding some of these:

• Add-on Updater: 30 days after release of NVDA 2019.1, support for 2018.4 will be dropped from this add-on.
  • StationPlaylist Studio: for people using 18.09.x-LTS, after release of 18.09.8 in April, 18.09.x will enter bug fix only mode. Also, for those using stable releases, version 19.06 and later will require Studio 5.20 and later.
  • Windows 10 App Essentials: 30 days after release of NVDA 2019.1, support for 2018.3 will be dropped from this add-on as for add-on maintenance policy (supporting current and immediate past releases).

For add-ons dropping support for older NVDA releases:

1. Although I did say 30 days, the schedule is a bit flexible, and I’ll let you know when support for older NVDA releases ends.
  2. For people using Add-on Updater (or for that matter, NVDA 2019.1 beta 1 and later), ending support for old NVDA releases means add-on manifest will be edited to reflect this change.

Lastly, although not stated in the subject line, once Python 3 version of NVDA ships, most (if not all) add-ons maintained by me will require that version of NVDA at some point in the future. To help out with transitions, I’ll give you a grace period where you can evaluate that future version of NVDA. Once the grace period closes, there’s no going back.

Cheers,

Joseph

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.