Re: Reading subtitles in Netflix with NVDA

Mallard

Hello Gene,

Thanks.

I know how to get around Netflix in Android, although subtitles there aren't very usable.

A friend and I were trying to see them on computers, so I'll have a look at the page you recommended.

I can find audiodescriptions without diffilulties. I'm currently watching The Crown and Black Mirror, plus a couple of Italian series and La Casa de Papel in Spanish, which I'd started watching last year, but now I discovered audiodescriptions, and it's a great thing...

Ciao and thanks,

Ollie

Il 04/03/2019 20:41, hurrikennyandopo ... ha scritto:

Hi

I was lazy but this page will mostly cover what you want depending on the device you use. It also has it for the computer if you use that.

The link to this page is https://help.netflix.com/en/node/372 <https://help.netflix.com/en/node/372>

They also do audio description a lot of people do not know that. Also net flix works with the google mini or smart speakers from them with a chrome cast.

When setup you use your voice to control it like play, resume rewind etc.

Gene nz

On 5/03/2019 4:16 AM, Mallard wrote:
Hello all,

Is it possible to read subtitles in Netflix with NVDA?

I found a great tutorial in Accessibility Central, but can't find any reference to subtitles.

Thanks, stay well,

Ollie

--
Image NVDA certified expert

Regardless of where you are in New Zealand if you are near one of the APNK sites you can use a copy of the NVDA screen reader on one of their computers. To find out which location (or locations) are nearest to you please visit http://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.org/content/partner-libraries (Aotearoa People's Network Kaharoa). To find out which software is installed on the APNK network please visit the following linkhttp://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.info/faq/software To find out how to use NVDA on APNK computers please visit the following linkhttp://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.info/faq/nvda

To find out which software is available on the Christchurch City Library network, and how to start the NVDA screen reader, please go to the following links. Software available https://my.christchurchcitylibraries.com/faq/computers/#faq_5884How to start the NVDA screen reader on Christchurch City Library computers https://my.christchurchcitylibraries.com/faqs/what-screen-reader-software-is-available/