Re: Reading subtitles in Netflix with NVDA

JM Casey

That hasn’t been my experience, though granted I don’t watch described movies all that often and so the number of subtitled ones I tried were very small. Some movies simply don’t have enough quiet parts for that to be realistically feasible. Others’ experiences and opinions may of course vary, but if I can’t listen to the actual actors speaking, regardless of what language that happens to be in, I’m out of it.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of hurrikennyandopo ...
Sent: March 4, 2019 5:44 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Reading subtitles in Netflix with NVDA

Hi

All the audio described content i have watched they do it in the quiet parts and do it very well.

Gene nz

On 5/03/2019 9:35 AM, JM Casey wrote:

I don't really know anything about Netflix, and this might not be avilable for some of the new shows there, but it might well be for older ones and movies. I usually just find a file with an .srt extension on the internet, and download it to my braille display device. It's not the best arrangement as the subtitles don't move with the dialogue as they are supposed to, but it's not so bad once you get the hang of it; you just have to focus pretty hard. I'd much rather do this than listen to a synth or a human reading the subtitles, talking over the actual actors in the film!