Re: NVDA and Zotero

Sally Kiebdaj

Hello,

I wil play with it again today but thought I tried that and found no buttons. It may be that I am not successfully focusing the 2nd citation.

To others asking about the application, it  is useful in academic writing and given the number of students I have seen post to this list I can imagine a guide would be helpful. It would also be nice for those not on the list who get no help from their own colleges and universities but run a search or use NVDA and look  for NVDA tutorials related to being a student.

Warmly,
Sally

On Mon, Mar 4, 2019 at 8:32 PM enes sarıbaş <enes.saribas@...> wrote:

hi,

The buttons are only in the classical dialogue. You need it to show you the classical dialogue in the multiple sitations mode. In object nav, you will hear buttons, such as 24 of 14 button. Presing the first one on the left will add second citation, while other will remove it. You need to have focus on the second citation you want to add first though.

On 3/4/2019 3:51 PM, Sally Kiebdaj wrote:

Hello,

I haven't cited any books yet so don't have an answer. Would you like me to ask a librarian and see if their instructions help?

For your solution to the multiple references, I see no buttons. Are you in the classic citation view or no? What operating system are you using? I would love to figure this out with your help.

As a side note, I would really like if we could pool our expertise and write up a guide for Gene'S website. I feel strongly that academic Programs like this are just as important to explain and support as more basic ones.

Cheers,
Sally

On Sun, Mar 3, 2019, 16:06 enes sarıbaş <enes.saribas@...> wrote:

hi,

There is a solution for multiple citations. There is a numbered button, click one after moving focus to the citation you want to add after the first, and it will add it. IOne of them will add, while the other removes.

I have another problem. Do you know how to change a book entry to book section, and then add authors and editors? When I change the editor field to an author, or vice versa, wrong author is changed.

On 3/1/2019 10:00 PM, Sally Kiebdaj wrote:
Hi all,

To revive this thread, I can give a partial answer to the original question and need to ask one of my own.

If you go to the zotero desktop application and under preferences find citation then word processor and check the "use classic citation  checkbox, you will get a dialogue in word that is 99% accessible.

The only thing that has not worked for me is citing multiple works in a single in text citation. In the classic citation dialogue there is an add button that NVDA does not see with any cursor and in the default dialogue I hear only a string of HTML code rather than "unknown."

i have posted to the zotero forum and will let you know what i hear back.

Does anyone else have experience here with zotero or any other free citation manager?

It was a huge help to have this on my last paper and I'd like to see it work or have access to something equivalent for academic writing.

Warmly,
Sally

On Sun, Jul 29, 2018 at 11:56 AM Jason White via Groups.Io <jason=jasonjgw.net@groups.io> wrote:
Reference management and citation generation.

On 7/29/18, 06:30, "Ben J. Bloomgren" <nvda@nvda.groups.io on behalf of godsquad@...> wrote:

    What does Zotero do?

    Ben