Re: Off Topic Thunderbird reading messages view

George McCoy <slr1bpz@...>

Hello again, Curtis.

I haven't followed your Thunder bird trials and tribulations closely, so the following is based on some assumptions.

1.  You are trying to install the quick folder navigation add-on.

2.  You are using the instructions in the tutorial on accessibility central.

3.  You have downloaded the .xpi file.

If my assumptions are incorrect, you can probably skip the rest of this email.

You will recall that I mentioned that a few things in the tutorial are out of date.  The section on installing the quick folder navigation add-on is one of those.  Try the following instead.

Click tools>add-ons.
Select extensions in the list.
Click the tools for all add-ons button. This is a little quirky.  Tab to the button and press spacebar.  Doing that doesn't click it, at least for me.  You then have to route the mouse to that button and click it with the left click key.  If you don't press spacebar first, you may get an object has no location message from NVDA.

Select install add-on from file from the menu.

Navigate to the the quick folders navigation add-on.  Press enter or click the open button to install the add-on.

Also, you should install the mozilla enhancements add-on for NvDA, if you haven't already done so.  It makes both Thunder bird and firefox easier to use.  The best thing about this add-on as far as Thunder bird is concerned is that it makes arranging message headers much easier.

Hth,

George

On 3/6/2019 2:12 AM, Curtis Delzer wrote:

the issue I have is that I can't get the button to import from add-on manager. the download happened in my browser, Chrome, and the xpi file is, I thought if I just associate the file to thunderbird.exe it would work. but, instead, thunderbird just created an outgoing message with the add-on as an attachment. :) There is suppose to be a button somewhere near the seach feature in the add-on, but when I go to "all add-ons that my browser comes up and I am back to the beginning of having them download to my download area and not directly into T-bird. Again, the issue is finding that import button in the add-on manager which is suppose to be right next to the "search" button according to the help I read.

Hi, Curt,

For the add-on to work, you have to close thunderbird and then restart it.

Rosie