Sent: Thursday, March 07, 2019 11:43 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] O T, windows update

Hi

This will be the update to Windows 1809 which I installed last week and prior to that I had similar messages.  This is what is known as a feature update and is different to normal updates as it creates a Windows.Old folder containing the previous Windows version, which gives you the option to revert back to the previous version if you want.  The Windows.Old folder on my system is just over 8Gb in size and I suspect the message about making space available you are getting, relates to having enough disk space to accommodate this folder.  Windows.Old will automatically deleted after a few weeks, giving time for you to get used to the new Windows version.

Your system may have attempted to update to 1809 but doesn’t have sufficient disk space available.  Have a look in  Settings (Windows+i), Update and Security, Windows Update then tab to “View Update History”.  You should be able to check what is happening in there.

Cheers

Chris