Re: Reviewing the screen, help

Gene

I'm not disagreeing with that.  but I think there are times when it’s a good idea to discuss something beyond the literal answer to the question.  Review commands are a basic and important part of NVDA and I think its important to discuss them at such times because they are basic and important.  The person may choose to learn them or not at this time.  Other people may find the discussion useful as well.

Sent: Friday, March 08, 2019 9:37 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Reviewing the screen, help

On Fri, Mar 8, 2019 at 10:14 AM, Gene wrote:
But what if the person wants to read screen output for other reasons in real time?
Then they need to learn the commands to do so.   No one has tried to shut down conversation regarding those.

The two needs are not mutually exclusive and most people responding, including myself, were responding based upon the original poster's message which clearly implies, by the presence of the /? switch, that they were trying to review manual pages for various commands.   For that particular task dumping same to a text file for careful poring over is, without doubt, the best way to go.

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back