Re: Alex voice from the mac with NVDA?

Devin Prater

There is one that connects to the mac, running a speech server, over the network. It's okay, but it'd require you to have the Mac close to the PC to hear the speech, unless you have a Mac running in a virtual machine which would take up a good bit of RAM.
Devin Pratersent from Gmail.

On Fri, Mar 8, 2019 at 3:57 PM Sarah k Alawami <marrie12@...> wrote:

you are thinking about the one that runs in wine I believe. or maybe I'm confusing espeak on the mac. but I don't remember the alex thrugh the terminal on windows.

Take care

On 8 Mar 2019, at 13:35, Matt Turner wrote:

Hi folks.

I have a mac mini, and am running windows on it viea bootcamp.

I thought I remember a addon that would let you use the alex voice with NVDA?

I no there was 1 that only worked when there were certon words, but I think this one works using something with the command  line, although I could be wrong.