Re: Firefox control buttons+Re: [nvda] Ad blocker for NVDA and Firefox?

JM Casey

Hi.

I will give this a try. My NVDA instalation appears to be broken at the moment, but once I fix that..*grins*

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Kwork
Sent: March 8, 2019 9:41 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Firefox control buttons+Re: [nvda] Ad blocker for NVDA and Firefox?

Here's what I do:

1. When focussed on the address bar, press nvda+up arrow on the numpad to move up an element.

2. Press nvda+numpad right arrow to move through the buttons that the installed extentions have placed.

3. When I find what I want, I press nvda+numpad enter to activate it.

Hope this answers what you asked. I haven't found any other way that works.

Travis

On 3/8/2019 6:14 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:

Another vote for uBlock Origin.

That being said, does anyone here know how to get to the various control buttons that are physically located to the right of the address bar, e.g., the Firefox menu button plus all of the buttons that get put there as you add add-ons?   I could swear that I once posted the technique to get to these, but I can find nothing in my own notes.  It has to be possible to navigate to these somehow, but it's not nearly as easy as it is under Chrome.

When I take the mouse over these controls, NVDA definitely announces them, but what I cannot seem to do is find the magic technique to actually throw focus on to any of them.

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back