Re: NVDA questions

Hi,
I just saw this email since I was catching up with all of the emails I got today.
Although this email has been sent quite earlier, it seems there wasn't any answer.
I'm making it come up again hoping someone could help this time.
So, anyone, please? :)

Cheers,
Marcio AKA Starboy
Follow or add me on Facebook

Em 09/03/2019 03:13, Teri McElroy escreveu:

Hi

I've just joined the list and am hoping someone can help with a couple of questions.

Later this year I'm studying a course where I need to be able to read phonetic/phonemic symbols.

Does anyone know if it is possible to alter NVDA in the same way as I have been able to do for Jaws? I want to be able to have NVDA speak back phonetic/phonemic symbols to me and name them correctly. This is specific to linguistic studies, and does not refer to the words such as "charley" or "delta" NVDA uses to clarify which letter is being announced.

It would also be helpful if I could have NVDA display these symbols in braille with my braille display.

I have a list of unicode symbols and what they mean. Is there a way I canĀ  add the list of symbols to my selected speech engine so NVDA will announce the symbols correctly, and to the braille tables as well?

Also, if I run NVDA portable, can I still use Eloquence as my prefered speech engine?

Part of the course has a teaching component and I need to use the computer in the classroom at Tech. It would make things much easier if I could use portable NVDA on a thumb drive with Eloquence.

Thanks for any help with this.

Teri