Question about NVDA profiles and layouts

Hi folks,
So I have a question for you all, perhaps it has been asked here but if so it was way before I joined this list so here it goes.
Is there any way to switch between the desktop and the laptop layout as we switch between profiles created?
That is, suppose I have a profile created for a certain program and there I configured to use the laptop keyboard, whereas out of this profile my default layout is the desktop one.
When exiting that window of that program, would NVDA get back to the default layout of my choice? Would it actually never change because there isn't any way to do such a thing?
In case of it's the second option, don't you think it'd be interesting trying to develop an add-on that would allow one to do that if so one wants?

Marcio AKA Starboy
Follow or add me on Facebook