Re: A web site with a double life

Antony Stone

Many websites do present different content based on the browser they detect is
visiting them.

Sometimes this is good (eg: for mobile devices, they get the mobile-optimised
version), but sometimes it is bad.

I recommend contacting the admin of the website to tell them how this is
interfering with usability.

Antony.

On Sunday 10 March 2019 at 17:41:52, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io
wrote:

There is a website called doubletap.online
Its a Canadian site, but has podcasts about accessible tech.
However, when I view it in foirefox or waterfox I cannot find a link to
the basic podcast address, only I tunes and some specific apps. However
when I visit it in Safari on the I phone I see the normal link leaving me
in the silly position of copying over the link feeds.bla bala to the pc
podcatcher address field manually. Is this a waterfox/firefox thing? or
is it me or perhaps an nvda thing. I'm using the latest beta of nvda
2019.1.
Schrödinger's rule of data integrity: the condition of any backup is unknown
until a restore is attempted.

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.