locked Re: OT: Stascom 2019 is available for download

Travis Siegel <tsiegel@...>

You know, if you're going to recommend something, you really should explain why you're recommending it.  Telling folks to go look it for themselves is kind of counterproductive.  If you're not willing to let folks know why you're recommending something, then in my opinion, you shouldn't be posting for folks to go try it out.  It's common courtesy to let folks know what something is when you're putting in a plug for others to use it.  I'm a bit irritated with folks telling us to try this, or download that without letting us know what it is that they want us to download or use.  I've been on lists where such messages recommending downloads without explanation as to what is being recommended would result in banning, because nobody has time to go research each and every link somebody posts just for the hell of it.  Also, with just a link there's no way to know if the link is real or some sort of spam link that will fill your pc with viruses.  I find nothing wrong with folks asking what something is before they take the time to click on it, especially these days when a single click can infect your pc with malware or leave your pc in an unbootable state.

On 3/10/2019 11:24 AM, Jaffar Sidek wrote:

And he has kindly put the website's link in his message.  There shouldn't be any excuse as the info  is just a click away.

On 3/10/2019 7:58 PM, ADRIAN POCOCK wrote:

Hi

There is no real description of what this program is for.  So as not to waste peoples time with something they are not interested in.

Regards Adrian.

On 10/03/2019 11:45, Christo de Klerk wrote:

Hello all

Those of you who use and have come to love the free Stascom utilities by Jacques Stassen, take note that Stascom 2019 has just been released. This release has many new exciting features. To those who have not used the program, I recommend that you give it a try. You can download it from:

https://www.stascom.co.za/stascom.html#content

Kind regards

Christo