Re: using win 7 after january 2020

Ian Blackburn

You can continue to use Windows 7 after the end date in the same way that people are still using Windows XP
But you take the risk of some sort of attack due to the fact that holes in the operating system are not being patched by the supplier
That’s a risk that you choose to take or not depending on your situation

On 11 Mar 2019, at 4:47 pm, Monte Single <mrsingle@...> wrote:

Microsoft will stop issuing updates for win 7 next January.

I have read comments that win 7 can be used safely after this time if some conditions are followed.I understand these to be;

---a current browser such as firefox or chrome,

---an accessible antivirus and malware program.

What are antivirus and malware programs that will work with nvda in win 7?

Are there other items that I should consider if I choose to use win 7 after January 2020?

Thanks,

Monte