Re: using win 7 after january 2020

Monte Single

Thanks for your response.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Brian's
Mail list account via Groups.Io
Sent: March-11-19 3:39 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] using win 7 after january 2020

I don't know, but with the xp experience in the main MSSE still works on
Intel machines there, and I suspect they will continue for a while.
The real end of XP was governed by third party software dropping support
for it, but it still carries on working with the old stuff, and I've never
had any problems with viruses, just very slow web sites in the main and
often the inability of older browsers to access some sites. I suspect much
the same will apply to Windows 7. Whether Microsoft will stop the old hack
to get additional updates is debatable, but be wary of such things.
I do not know the NVDA policy on this. But I imagine there will be a heck
of a lot of windows 7 users just like there was xp users for a couple of
years so unless there is a compelling reason not to support it, I think it
will work for a while yet, and in any case if you keep with the same nvda
version then it will work as it always did.

To be honest the main reason not to use 10 is the new OS every 6 months
issue. WE get used to things being as we learn them and often the updates
change stuff all the time and can be a bit of an effort for those who use
third party software.
Otherwise I'd be on Windows 10.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk