Re: using win 7 after january 2020

That's why I only use Windows Defender.
It does get the job done and don't cause me any trouble. Just wonderful I'd say.

Cheers,
Marcio AKA Starboy
Follow or add me on Facebook

Em 11/03/2019 09:16, Shaun Everiss escreveu:

To be honest with exception of bgt, antimalware tools seem to go after a lot of blindness related programs for no reason I can see.

I have excluded my entire data drive on the workstation as well as several folders on my c drive from getting scanned which itself does put my risk up a little, however its that or loose files.

I don't trust security programs especially those that take over control.

On 12/03/2019 1:03 AM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
Well it is true that some anti virus solutions use techniques borrowed from malware to make themselves extremely hard to  corrupt or remove, because of course they become a legitimate target for malware themselves. however there are limits to what I'd  accept, and Avast has crossed this line for me, being unusable in nvda and almost unremovable even with its own uninstaller and corrupting something when it is removed.
However if you have an Intel based pc, MSSE will still work with the older version of nvda and is still updating here at any rate on windows 7 and XP and OK with nvda. With a bit of effort Superantispyware works well in the free version though some object and screen navigation is required at times for nvda to run correctly, and there seems no way to tick the box for unwanted software like rogue toolbars that nvda can see.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-