From: "Shaun Everiss" <sm.everiss@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Monday, March 11, 2019 12:13 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] using win 7 after january 2020

Well that was like that for businesses on xp.

And there will probably be a crack for that to.

Saying that, as long as they keep their update history updated even if
their auto update servers are not updated, we can probably manually
download updates.

On 11/03/2019 11:21 PM, ADRIAN POCOCK wrote:

Hi all

This might interest you, support after 2020
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjBsuq77vngAhWJVRUIHdQZDX8QFjABegQIBhAF&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.digitaltrends.com%2Fcomputing%2Fmicrosoft-charges-windows-7-support%2F&usg=AOvVaw3bFaguXM-wB1WZtzZMQxhW

Regards Adrian.

On 11/03/2019 09:39, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.I wrote:
I don't know, but with the xp experience in the main MSSE still works
on Intel machines there, and I suspect they will continue for a while.
The real end of XP was governed by third party software dropping
support for it, but it still carries on working with the old stuff,
and I've never had any problems with viruses, just very slow web
sites in the main and often the inability of older browsers to access
some sites. I suspect much the same will apply to Windows 7. Whether
Microsoft will stop the old hack to get additional updates is
debatable, but be wary of such things.
I do not know the NVDA policy on this. But I imagine there will be a
heck of a lot of windows 7 users just like there was xp users for a
couple of years so unless there is a compelling reason not to support
it, I think it will work for a while yet, and in any case if you keep
with the same nvda version then it will work as it always did.

To be honest the main reason not to use 10 is the new OS every 6
months issue. WE get used to things being as we learn them and often
the updates change stuff all the time and can be a bit of an effort
for those who use third party software.
Otherwise I'd be on Windows 10.
Brian

bglists@...