Re: Add on updates

Ian Westerland

I think it is an issue with the Add ons Website because the add on prior to the Mozilla add on also had the error message. I could be wrong, of course but when I did the update from the menu, both updates installed first time.

Ian

On 3/12/2019 7:33 PM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
I have not seen this but then the last update I saw was the mozilla enhancements one and it was only there a couple of minutes. Is this something odd with the add ons web site or with the string that is held in nvda being overwritten by something else?
Brian
bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Ian Westerland" <iwesterl@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2019 6:43 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Add on updates
Thank you Ron.  This is the first time this has happened on an ongoing
basis so I wondered if I had done something wrong.  My Computer had just
been turned on for the day so the notification had been there for
several hours.
Cheers.
Ian
On 3/12/2019 1:40 PM, Ron Canazzi wrote:
Hi Ian,

I have also seen this. However, I think it's simply a function of when the updates are recognized and a time out error. That is to say, if I leave the computer on and it is more than several minutes and I try activating the update add on button, I get the error. If I get the alert and am near the computer and right away, I activate the update add on button, I don't get the error.

On 3/11/2019 4:16 PM, Ian Westerland wrote:
Hi. I am using the NVDA latest Beta and, it is working well. When I am notified that there are Add on updates when first starting NVDA, the update shows an error message when I attempt the update from the notification. When I go to the update Add on from the NVDA menu, it works as usual----well and efficiently.

Has anyone else had the issue with the Add on update notification?

Ian Westerland