From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: 08 March 2019 16:34
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Reviewing the screen, help

I'm not sure what you are saying.  Try being at the Command Prompt and typing something like dir and pressing enter.  the point is to get information on the screen, it doesn't matter just what you do to get text displayed.

Now, try moving with numpad 7 and numpad 9.  To hear the current line, use numpad 8.  All these commands are just numpad keys by themselves, not in combination with numpad insert or anything else.  Can you move around the screen?

Sent: Friday, March 08, 2019 10:25 AM

It used to be easier, seriously?
Since I started using this prompt it kept the very same way. When it was different? Surely I'd rather the old way then :)

Cheers,
Marcio

AKA Starboy

Follow or add me on Facebook

Em 08/03/2019 10:41, Howard Traxler escreveu:

Thank you Marcio.  It sure does work; Although it's quite a lot of stuff to do when it used to be so easy.

On 3/7/2019 8:18 PM, marcio via Groups.Io wrote:

Hi,
I also couldn't figure out a way of reading the information presented on the screen.
As a workaround, if you want, you could try what follows:
1. Being on the prompt, press "ALT+Spacebar"
2. Up/down arrow until you find "edit" and press enter
3. Up/down arrow until you find "select all" and press enter.
You've just selected all the content which is on the screen at this point.
4. Press "ALT+Spacebar" again
5. Up/down arrow until "edit"
6. Up/down arrow until "copy".
You've just copied what you selected. Now all that content is on your clipboard.
7. Open Notepad and paste the content there so you can read.

Hth

Cheers,
Marcio AKA Starboy
Follow or add me on Facebook

Em 07/03/2019 22:58, Howard Traxler escreveu:

Hi all,

Using NVDA in Windows 10:

When I "run" the cmd command I get the system command prompt. Then I type in a command such as DIR or shutdown followed by slash question mark.  I get a screen full of command line switch options but I can't figure out how to get NVDA to read them to me. Probably one of the review modes, but I just can't figure it out. Can anyone help, please?

Thanks.

Howard