Re: Nvda and the International phonetic Alphabet, (IPA)

Leo

thank you Teri,
however, there are many many symbols that I want to include and adding
one by one is something that I don't want to do...  I prefer just
continue using the other screen reader for this purpose...
From what I understood, you need to read some symbols from the IPA, so
if you are interested and you are already a user of the other screen
reader, inbox me and I tell you how I did it.

Literophilus

El 12/03/2019 a las 14:21, Teri McElroy escribió:
Hello Lev

I have just recently emailed the list to find out about this same
topic. You can go to the nvda menu, then preferences,
punctuation/symbol pronunciation. You'll need to input the symbols
along with how you want the speech engine to pronounce them. However,
I don't think putting in the unicode values is going to work. You'll
need to input the actual symbol along with how you want NVDA to
pronounce it. I've just tried entering a unicode value here and it
didn't work for me. But when I enter the actual symbol, it does.

You can find information about punctuation/symbol pronunciation in
section 11.2.2 of the online userguide. It will explain about
inputting symbols.

Hope that helps.

Teri

On 13-Mar-19 8:18 AM, Lev wrote:

Hello,

I have noticed that espeak reads some symbols of the international
phonetic alphabet; however, this can not be done by other synthetic
voices, so my question is this:

How to make that nvda reads correctly those symbols regardless of the
synthetizer?

Or, how to make that other synthetizers read those symbols?For
instance, vocalizer.

I got the Unicode transcription for all the symbols that I want.

The syntaxis is this:

U+00E6=Ash

Where the term “ash” is the proper name for that particular symbol.

So, is there a file inside the installation folder of nvda or user
settings where I can paste that syntaxis to have nvda reading all
those symbols?

Thanks for any info.

--
Literophilus