Re: Invisible Dropbox pop-ups

Roger Stewart

I've had a sighted friend watch the screen when I boot up. We hear nvda saying the dropbox window, but I can assure that there is nothing visible at all on the screen nor is there anything to alt tab to or away from Think it's just nvda picking up on dropbox starting in the system tray. Don't know why I've never heard this before until a few days ago. It only happens once at startup and then never again even when I get notifications that something has changed in my dropbox folders.
Roger

On 3/13/2019 11:47 AM, Tony Malykh wrote:

I highly suspect these windows are invisible - Dropbox wouldn't ship an update that annoys sighted users every hour with a useless window like this. That would be too egregious of a bug.

On 3/13/2019 9:23 AM, Brian Vogel wrote:
Is it possible for someone to take a screen shot when this is occurring and e-mail it to me (as they can't be attached here)?

Under Win10 you should be able to hit WinKey+PrtSc and have a PNG file automatically created in your Pictures library in a folder named ScreenShots.  Under Windows 7 I would think just PrtSc should work to capture the screen, but you'd then have to paste it into Paint or similar to save it.

There may be something in what's presented that might allow me to propose a workaround.  I'm just not willing to go so far as to install and start playing with DropBox on my own machine.

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back