Re: Invisible Dropbox pop-ups

Tyler Wood

Not here. It's happening every few minutes and is beyond ridiculous. I'm glad I'm not paying for the extra storage.

There is a huge thread on twitter about this. It literally disrupts your work because it pops up out of nowhere.

On 2019-03-13 4:17 p.m., Curtis Delzer wrote:

sure it is suppose to happen when someone changes, updates or deletes a file, that's expected. But, the irritating part is that it is as though it wishes to remind you of the options that again available if you press enter.

over and over! :)

It appears though, after a reboot and it's running a couple days it goes away.

On 3/13/2019 5:34 AM, Gene wrote:
I suspect that these windows come up when something changes, someone adds a file or removes it that you are sharing folders with.  It may come up when the program is first run, but one person reported that the window comes up about every half hour, another person reported about every hour.  I doubt there is any general rule about how often they come up.

The following may have a useful suggestion but my understanding of just what is occurring may not be correct.  But whatever is done about this unreadable window problem, my suggestion about how such information is displayed may be useful.

Probably what is needed is the ability to turn such notifications completely off or alter it in some sort of accessibility setting so the information can be checked periodically by the blind person to see announcements about what has changed without them being read automatically.  I expect this can be done.  The information could be displayed in the system tray so a blind person can go to it and read it without a help balloon or a toast announcement being generated.  Information can change constantly if desired in the system tray without a screen-reader reading it if it just changes.  This should be an accessibility setting that can be turned on in preferences.  Should it be on by default when a screen-reader is detected?  I'll leave that for others to discuss.

I think it is important for entities to develop a unified position on this feature and whether it should be on automatically when a screen-reader is detected.  In general, as things are, those who are complaining are just complaining about removing the wwindow.  But that doesn't address the underlying problem, making the information available and not intruding on screen-reader use.