Re: a way to lock the nvda key?

Sarah k Alawami

This is a part of voiceover. I'm looking for somethingn siilar for nvda that can be toggled on and off with let's say nvda semi or something. It would then lock the modifier key and you could just hit n to go to the tools config menu etc. Enter and stuff would still work as normal.

Take care

On 14 Mar 2019, at 9:37, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:

But is this not part of Mac OS to start with? I'm not sure if the Windows system allows external software to act this way. After all voice over is an apple program but nvda is not made by Microsoft.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Sarah k Alawami" <marrie12@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, March 14, 2019 3:40 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] a way to lock the nvda key?

I want to lock the modifier what ever that is in terms of nvda. After
all, I can do it in vo with the capslock or the vo keys with one key
stroke, all the modifiers are locked no matter what I choose and I can
just press let's ssay shift down to interact etc or f to find somethingn
or g to find next. Look, one hand. Lol! I want to do this in nvda to
make some of the command seaiser especially when I'm doing a lot at
once.

Take care

On 14 Mar 2019, at 1:15, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:

I think the person wanted it on caps lock but that key is already
multi purpose for caps so adding even more confusion might be a bit
like jumping out of the frying pan into the fire, so to speak.

This is almost where some kind of hardware device would be handy to
be used to stick on and turn off a programmed set off keys .

----- Original Message ----- From: "Brian Vogel"
<britechguy@...>