Re: a way to lock the nvda key?

Travis Siegel <tsiegel@...>

Locking the NVDA key is most certainly possible, it has nothing to do with whether it's a microsoft program or another one, it's just a matter of keyboard interception, which is something NVDA already does.

On 3/14/2019 12:37 PM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
But is this not part of Mac OS to start with? I'm not sure if the Windows system allows  external software to act this way. After all voice over is an apple program but nvda is not made by Microsoft.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
----- Original Message ----- From: "Sarah k Alawami" <marrie12@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, March 14, 2019 3:40 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] a way to lock the nvda key?

I want to lock the modifier what ever that is in terms of nvda. After
all, I can  do it in vo with the capslock or the vo keys with one key
stroke, all the modifiers are locked no matter what I choose and I can
just press let's ssay shift down to interact etc or f to find somethingn
or g to find next. Look, one hand. Lol! I want to do this in nvda to
make some of the command seaiser especially when I'm doing  a lot  at
once.

Take care

On 14 Mar 2019, at 1:15, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:

I think the person wanted it on caps lock but that key is already
multi purpose for caps so adding even more confusion might be a bit
like jumping out of the frying pan into the fire, so to speak.

This is almost where some kind of hardware device would be handy to
be used to  stick on and turn off a programmed set off keys .

----- Original Message ----- From: "Brian Vogel"
<britechguy@gmail.com>