Re: Why does NVDA say torado instead of tornado?

I don't know how it may vary by synth, but even lowercase 'nvda' is not pronounced letter by letter like uppercase is.  I've tweaked that via default dictionary to avoid being driven around the bend.

At least the computer-based screen readers all (though I haven't yet played "under the hood" with Narrator) give a pretty direct mechanism to fix what needs fixing whether generally or for a specific synth.   I've done no deep diving on smartphone based screen reader configuration.

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back