Cheers,
Marcio AKA Starboy
Follow or add me on Facebook

Em 14/03/2019 15:27, Chris via Groups.Io escreveu:

Maybe one of the addon developers can create a addon not too much unlike the num lock addon for example

Just a thought

From: Sarah k Alawami
Sent: 14 March 2019 17:48
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] a way to lock the nvda key?

Which is why I'm suggesting g a key stroke to do this. If I hit vo semi it will lock the vo keys. Hitting vo semi again and not just semi will unlock the vo keys. So this should in theory be possible in nvda. Hitting nvda plus something would cause the key to lock, hitting that same key again would cause nvda's modifier to unlock.

On 14 Mar 2019, at 10:37, Gene wrote:

How would you lock it, however, without using sticky keys in general?  Using sticky keys, you can lock it as you can any sticky key but my understanding is that the desire is to have only that key be locked.

NVDA, if you press the modifier twice, passes the second command to Windows, so if you press insert twice, you have pressed it once, as far as Windows is concerned.  If you press caps lock twice, you lock or unlock caps lock because you have actually passed the keystroke to Windows once.  So some other means of locking the key would be wanted because you wouldn't want to lose that ability.

Sent: Thursday, March 14, 2019 12:28 PM

Locking the NVDA key is most certainly possible, it has nothing to do
with whether it's a microsoft program or another one, it's just a matter
of keyboard interception, which is something NVDA already does.