Re: listing open windows with NVDA

Jacob Kruger

Standard, under windows 10 anyway is windows key + tab key = brings up a list of open windows that you can arrow left and right through, but, this is not NVDA-specific at all.

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA

On 2019-03-15 6:30 AM, marcio via Groups.Io wrote:

If I'm not going wrong, there was an add-on that would allow us to see all the windows opened at the time, including, I think, those you are talking about.

I don't remember the add-on's name, though. Sorry :(

Cheers,
Marcio AKA Starboy
Follow or add me on Facebook

Em 13/03/2019 04:48, mhysnm1964@... escreveu:

All,

How do you find floating windows with NVDA other than using the object nav? In Jaws there is a hot key that shows all open app and windows. I cannot find a similar command.

A floating window for those who might not know the terminology. Is a window that is open by a program and is not attached to the program and some of them are not even attached to the application ring (alt tab). If the program does not place the focus correctly into the window. Then you cannot access the window by the keyboard. Thus the workaround which Jaws provides of listing all the windows helps here.

Hope someone can help.

Second question, just thought of. Are you able to remap keys in NVDA?