Re: image describer addon for NVDA

Ron Canazzi

Hi Ivan,

Did you try it with capchas and if so how did it work?

On 3/14/2019 5:47 PM, Ivan pivac wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I installed the image app and found it worked extremely well.  The download and installation was seemless.  Although I'll need to use it more, to establish its capabilities, my immediate impression is that the add on is a very useful tool for us.

Cheers

Ivan

On 15/03/2019 10:35 AM, hurrikennyandopo ... wrote:

hi

it also does not show under the nvda user configuration directory as a add on either. so I am guessing it just did not install unless it was compatible with this version.

Did any one get it to work in earlier versions of nvda? and if so how did you do it?

Was it just a matter of installing the add on and using the shortcut or did you have to sign up so you could use it?

I did a while ago see reference to this add on which did have more information but do not know where it has gone.

Gene nz

On 15/03/2019 10:23 AM, hurrikennyandopo ... wrote:

Hi

Just tried it. It does not show up under the add on manager as a add on so apart from the shortcut given on one of the pages there is no real way to see if there are any steps missed to make it work. it also does not show up any where else. has any one else got it to work? If it does work it will need to be updated so it works with the latest version of nvda.

I just got to remember how to remove the ones with out it be shown in the add on manager. maybe more info can be found under the explore user configuration directory i think it is called.

Gene nz

Gene nz

On 15/03/2019 6:24 AM, Brian Vogel wrote:
On Thu, Mar 14, 2019 at 01:12 PM, abdul muhamin wrote:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Blind/comments/b11tcr/image_describer_nvda_addon/
For some reason that link didn't "linkify" in your original message, so I'm repeating it here.  The actual download page for the add on is listed here:  http://www.screenreader.ai/

This topic is again giving me the chance to call on the powers that be that control the NVDA Add-Ons pages to create a third one under the hierarchy:  Community Developed but Unvetted.   There are scads of NVDA Add-Ons that get mentioned in passing over time and I have little doubt that a number of the individuals who've developed same would jump at the chance to have their work listed in a central repository just like the Stable Add-Ons and Add-Ons Under Development pages at https://addons.nvda-project.org/index.en.html.   It can be made perfectly clear by the chosen page title or text at the top of said page that use of these add-ons is entirely "at your own risk" and they have not passed any official vetting process.   So many of them are just great, and work just fine.   A mechanism on that page should also exist for reporting back if something has broken, not because those maintaining the page will fix the add-on itself, but it might be noted and/or delisted entirely if that persists.

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back

Regardless of where you are in New Zealand if you are near one of the APNK sites you can use a copy of the NVDA screen reader on one of their computers. To find out which location (or locations) are nearest to you please visit http://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.org/content/partner-libraries (Aotearoa People's Network Kaharoa). To find out which software is installed on the APNK network please visit the following link http://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.info/faq/software To find out how to use NVDA on APNK computers please visit the following link http://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.info/faq/nvda

Regardless of where you are in New Zealand if you are near one of the APNK sites you can use a copy of the NVDA screen reader on one of their computers. To find out which location (or locations) are nearest to you please visit http://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.org/content/partner-libraries (Aotearoa People's Network Kaharoa). To find out which software is installed on the APNK network please visit the following link http://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.info/faq/software To find out how to use NVDA on APNK computers please visit the following link http://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.info/faq/nvda

They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"