Re: image describer addon for NVDA

What we need is some sort of cloud repository I'd imagine that would be quite big.

What would you use and how much would it cost, I don't have the cash for a major subscription as such, but I guess I could manage something like 1-2 bucks a month or something.

On 15/03/2019 7:36 PM, Lenron wrote:
This is pretty cool. What I am wondering about is if you feed this
thing pictures will it learn what items are and get better? Like a
chair book car even car type would be nice. I would love this for many
many pictures if it did that. Also it would be cool if machine
learning could tell us what things are in non described videos. That
will be the day.

On 3/15/19, Ron Canazzi <aa2vm@roadrunner.com> wrote:
Hi Ivan,

Did you try it with capchas and if so how did it work?

On 3/14/2019 5:47 PM, Ivan pivac wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I installed the image app and found it worked extremely well. The
download and installation was seemless.  Although I'll need to use it
more, to establish its capabilities, my immediate impression is that
the add on is a very useful tool for us.

Cheers

Ivan

On 15/03/2019 10:35 AM, hurrikennyandopo ... wrote:

hi

it also does not show under the nvda user configuration directory as
a add on either. so I am guessing it just did not install unless it
was compatible with this version.

Did any one get it to work in earlier versions of nvda? and if so how
did you do it?

Was it just a matter of installing the add on and using the shortcut
or did you have to sign up so you could use it?

I did a while ago see reference to this add on which did have more
information but do not know where it has gone.

Gene nz

On 15/03/2019 10:23 AM, hurrikennyandopo ... wrote:
Hi

Just tried it. It does not show up under the add on manager as a add
on so apart from the shortcut given on one of the pages there is no
real way to see if there are any steps missed to make it work. it
also does not show up any where else. has any one else got it to
work? If it does work it will need to be updated so it works with
the latest version of nvda.

I just got to remember how to remove the ones with out it be shown
in the add on manager. maybe more info can be found under the
explore user configuration directory i think it is called.

Gene nz

Gene nz

On 15/03/2019 6:24 AM, Brian Vogel wrote:
On Thu, Mar 14, 2019 at 01:12 PM, abdul muhamin wrote:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Blind/comments/b11tcr/image_describer_nvda_addon/

For some reason that link didn't "linkify" in your original
message, so I'm repeating it here.  The actual download page for
the add on is listed here: http://www.screenreader.ai/

This topic is again giving me the chance to call on the powers that
be that control the NVDA Add-Ons pages to create a third one under
the hierarchy:  Community Developed but Unvetted.   There are scads
of NVDA Add-Ons that get mentioned in passing over time and I have
little doubt that a number of the individuals who've developed same
would jump at the chance to have their work listed in a central
repository just like the Stable Add-Ons and Add-Ons Under
Development pages at https://addons.nvda-project.org/index.en.html.
 It can be made perfectly clear by the chosen page title or text at
the top of said page that use of these add-ons is entirely "at your
own risk" and they have not passed any official vetting process.
 So many of them are just great, and work just fine.   A mechanism
on that page should also exist for reporting back if something has
broken, not because those maintaining the page will fix the add-on
itself, but it might be noted and/or delisted entirely if that
persists.

*/A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when
the need for illusion is deep./*

          ~ Saul Bellow, /To Jerusalem and Back/
--
Image NVDA certified expert
material at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net

Regardless of where you are in New Zealand if you are near one of
the APNK sites you can use a copy of the NVDA screen reader on one
of their computers. To find out which location (or locations) are
nearest to you please visit
(Aotearoa People's Network Kaharoa). To find out which software is
installed on the APNK network please visit the following
linkhttp://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.info/faq/software To find out
how to use NVDA on APNK computers please visit the following
linkhttp://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.info/faq/nvda

To find out which software is available on the Christchurch City
Library network, and how to start the NVDA screen reader, please go
to the following links. Software available
https://my.christchurchcitylibraries.com/faq/computers/#faq_5884How
to start the NVDA screen reader on Christchurch City Library
computers
https://my.christchurchcitylibraries.com/faqs/what-screen-reader-software-is-available/

To find an NVDA certified expert near you, please visit the
following link https://certification.nvaccess.org/. The
certification page contains the official list of NVDA certified
individuals from around the world, who have sat and successfully
passed the NVDA expert exam.
--
[...]

They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"