Re: listing open windows with NVDA

Ralf Kefferpuetz

NVDA + F11 twice basicly shows the task bar with all programs on the task bar, the opened ones and the not opened ones which are just shortcuts pinned there for fast opening.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Rui Fontes
Sent: Freitag, 15. März 2019 16:26
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] listing open windows with NVDA

Jaws+F10 is equivalent to NVDA+F11 twice...

Rui

Às 05:00 de 15/03/2019, Gerardo Corripio escreveu:
SisTray isn’t the one you’re trying to think of its name? With this
one,
NVDA+F11 twice brings up the Task ist, but I don’t think this is what
NVDA+is
being wanted to be done? What’s wanted to be done is like Jaws’s
Jaws+F10, which would be an awesome feature to have!

Gera
Enviado desde mi iPhone SE de Telcel

El 14 mar 2019, a la(s) 10:30 p. m., marcio via Groups.Io
<marcinhorj21=yahoo.com.br@groups.io
<mailto:marcinhorj21=yahoo.com.br@groups.io>> escribió:

If I'm not going wrong, there was an add-on that would allow us to
see all the windows opened at the time, including, I think, those you
are talking about.

I don't remember the add-on's name, though. Sorry :(

Cheers,
Marcio AKA /Starboy/

Em 13/03/2019 04:48, mhysnm1964@gmail.com escreveu:

All,

How do you find floating windows with NVDA other than using the
object nav? In Jaws there is a hot key that shows all open app and
windows. I cannot find a similar command.

A floating window for those who might not know the terminology. Is a
window that is open by a program and is not attached to the program
and some of them are not even attached to the application ring (alt
tab). If the program does not place the focus correctly into the
window. Then you cannot access the window by the keyboard. Thus the
workaround which Jaws provides of listing all the windows helps here.

Hope someone can help.

Second question, just thought of. Are you able to remap keys in NVDA?