Re: Why does NVDA say torado instead of tornado?

Sile

I do, because I got an email for a 'torado warning' last night and it took me a couple of seconds to figure out whether it was spam or a weather event ...

--Sile

On 3/15/2019 2:32 PM, Gary Greico wrote:
Who cares.  don't waste the email space.

On 15-Mar-19 1:25 PM, Mallard wrote:
It's about Vocalizer, rather than about tornado...

Voiceover uses Vocalizer express, the same voices we have in NVDA. I
guess that's the problem.

Ciao,

Ollie

Il 15/03/2019 17:52, Sile via Groups.Io ha scritto:
I’ve just noticed that voiceover on the iPhone does the same thing!
What is it about the word tornado!

Sile
On Mar 15, 2019, at 4:38 AM, Mallard <mallard@kimabe.eu> wrote:

Could it be Vocalizer? I must try that...

Ciao,

Ollie

Il 15/03/2019 03:40, Travis Siegel ha scritto:
I haven't noticed this behavior on NVDA, but the iPhone does this
all the time, and it irritates the hell out of me.

On 3/14/2019 7:43 PM, Sile via Groups.Io wrote:
Hi, why does NVDA say to Rado when the word tornado is capitalized
but tornado when it is not?

Sile