Re: Punctuation/Symbol pronunciation

Jackie

Actually, Brian, it's just the symbols themselves. None & all are
pretty obvious, I suspect. The "some" level reads commonly needed
symbols, ie, @, #, %, &, *, +, < >, etc. These are symbols which, if
not read, could cause the text to not make sense. This is NVDA's
default setting.

"Most" steps it up a bit, reading things like ;, -, (, ), :, ~, `, but
not commonly used sentence-ending symbols, like ., ?, , & !. Those are
read at the "all" level.

Jackie,

         Actually, no, at least it doesn't make any sense to me.   Those
level values are associated with each and every individual punctuation or
symbol.

         For instance, if someone had a dollar sign symbol, what is the
difference if this is paired with each of the levels (none being pretty
obvious if it means, as I suspect and Andre described, ignore it and never
pronounce it).

         The levels do not seem to be defining behavior for a given symbol
relative to any other symbol, but for the symbol itself based on some sort
of context determined by its placement in the text.  I just can't fathom
how.

--

Brian *-* Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763

*A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for
illusion is deep.*

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back