Re: listing open windows with NVDA

Sean Murphy

Everyone,

Thank you for the suggestions. They were useful information but did not answer my question about floating windows. I think I am using a term which some people do not understand.

Windows tab only shows the applications currently open plus some historical information. If you have a floating window from an application. This does not appear here.

The task tray has nothing to do with the original question. But this was a useful command.

Let me try and explain again. I cannot tell you the name of the product as it is an internal program where I work and is not available to the general public. Thus why I am trying to find a solution to this issue. The true solution is for the dev’s to fix the issue. 😊

You open this program. Lets say you press ctrl o to open a dialog. The dialog does not receive keyboard focus. Visually you can see the dialog and object Nav takes a lot of keystrokes to find it, if you are lucky. As the object might or might not have a title.

Windows tab, alt tab and pressing f11 do not show the dialog. As stated before, Jaws isnert+f10 and all application windows and any other open windows (dialogs) are listed. This is the feature I am issing from NVDA being able to access this. Mac also has the same feature when you open the open windows vo shift f2 from memory. From this discussion, it appears NVDA cannot do this by default.