Re: win7 security

hi gene.
you said
One of the main improvements in Windows 7 is that you don't have to
look for things as you did in XP.  Use the start menu search and
you'll fined most things, even if you don't know what they are called.
The start menu search is designed to find things when the technical or
exact words aren't used.  for example, use the start menu search to
search for uninstall programs or uninstall a program.  You will find
relevant results even though you didn't use the technical name.  I
don't remember it any more.  But you will find entries in plain
English such as remove a program.

really?
an option for windows 7 is programs and feature if i am right.
then, if i dont remember the name and like xp, search add-remove
programs does it work and does it find my desired item?
the only place which i recognize that it can find my desired item,
even if i dont know the exact sentences, words or even spelling, is
google search.
i describe story sometimes for google and google finds immediate my
desired option or item for me!
thanks for your great information, God bless you!

On 3/19/19, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:
It was likely a false alarm. Have you rebooted since? If you reboot and
you get no such message, it is very unlikely anything to worry about. if
you reboot and do get such a message, what screen-reader are you using? I
suspect the message also said something like click here to address the
problem.

However, if you want to check your security settings before doing any of
this, do the following:
Open the start menu. Type the word security.
Then after a moment, read the current line. If it isn't what you want, look
through many of the options. Down arrow through them. If you find what you
want, press enter.

You will find what you want, as one of the items says chec security status.
I just checked.

One of the main improvements in Windows 7 is that you don't have to look for
things as you did in XP. Use the start menu search and you'll fined most
things, even if you don't know what they are called. The start menu search
is designed to find things when the technical or exact words aren't used.
for example, use the start menu search to search for uninstall programs or
uninstall a program. You will find relevant results even though you didn't
use the technical name. I don't remember it any more. But you will find
entries in plain English such as remove a program.

This is important to know not only for Windows 7 but, though I haven't
checked because I haven't used higher versions of Windows, I'm sure they all
have this feature.