Re: changing when Windows automatically checks for updates

To be honest, I had a strange issue where a system had all sorts of issues due to a dead wireless card.

The card was not compatible with windows 10 though, and it was certainly a dead card, like its company was allready in bit heaven and the card was allready unsupported.

A new card fixed all issues.

Sadly there are places you can buy a computer for cheap with bits in it.

Those bits may be outdated and scrap themselves though.

On 23/03/2019 4:24 AM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:

Set your active hours and it will check. I prsonaly have mine set between 8 and 5. It checks outside of that and if Im' on the computer Oh well. I personally don't feel the lag but the system has mostly good parts in it.

Take care

On 21 Mar 2019, at 22:22, Kwork wrote:

Hi, I've done that, but it only seems to effect when Windows won't start to complete updates, not when Windows actually automatically checks for updates.

Travis

On 3/21/2019 9:33 PM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:

Settings, last item, then windows update. It's there. Check for active hours. I've done this w/ nvda.

Take care

On 21 Mar 2019, at 21:22, Kwork wrote:

How do I change the time of day when Windows 10 automatically checks for updates. Right now it's doing so exactly at 7:29 pm, and I feel the slight bit of sluggishness when it does. I'd like it to check and update outside of my active usage hours. Thanks for any help. I've looked through settings, and haven't found anything that will let me do it so far. If there is something I'm missing that may not be NVDA accessible, even that info would be helpful. Thanks.

Travis