Object nav does not seem to be the same as the touch cursor in JAWS. In JAWS for instance you can move just by buttons or form fields. Is it possible to add this type of functionallity to the object nav in NVDA?

Regards,

Greg Wocher

On 7/1/2016 2:18 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi Ben,
Yes, and it was here long before JAWS 15. In essence, touch cursor is JFW's implementation of object navigation and review cursor.
Important note: If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10, use of object navigation is essential when using newer style apps.
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Ben J. Bloomgren
Sent: Thursday, June 30, 2016 8:28 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Touch cursor support

Hi all,

I'm really seeing the power of the Jaws touch cursor commands, and it makes me curious as to NVDA's capabilities. Does NVDA have such a thing, whether or not it have the same name as it does in Jaws?

By touch cursor, I mean where it'll give users without a touch screen very similar functionality to those with a touch screen using the keyboard only.

Thanks,

Ben