Re: Translating NVDA into Te Reo Māori option

Rui Fontes

The problem is:
Translate for mahori is only good if a synth with that language is available...
If not, you will have mahori text read by a english voice, by instance... and I do not make a slightly idea how it will sound...

Rui Fontes

Às 00:29 de 26/03/2019, hurrikennyandopo ... escreveu:

Hi
I would have to ask him. I know there used to be a synth for there language maybe he would know. Is it better for him to have a synth for there language instead of translating the user manual etc into there language? It is new to me and probably him as well.
Even the steps he would have to take.
I did find the wicki page on translating and sent that back to him while i find out more information from both sides.
They might even be able to get funding to cover translating nvda and or the synth. I will know more when he gets back to me.
Gene nz
On 26/03/2019 1:03 PM, Rui Fontes wrote:
And it worth the effort do not having a mahori synth?

Rui Fontes

Às 23:39 de 25/03/2019, hurrikennyandopo ... escreveu:
hi guys

I know there are translators on this list and i have been asked about having a Te Reo Māori option  in NVDA.

I only speak English but i have been contacted by a person who speaks the above language  and can translate it into there language.

I am wondering how much is involved? I am guessing the whole user manual would have to be translated along with maybe quick reference and whats new?

What program would they have to use? Is there a easy way to do it? How would i start and also we would be new to try and do this for NVDA.

The above language is recognized in our country along side of english and sign language.

We are not programmers so it would be a matter of starting from scratch doing this.

I just hope it does not scare us off translating it into there language.

I am wondering also  if it was just the user manual etc or the synth? as well. They might be able to get funding to do this?

any help would be great.

Gene nz

--
Image NVDA certified expert

Regardless of where you are in New Zealand if you are near one of the APNK sites you can use a copy of the NVDA screen reader on one of their computers. To find out which location (or locations) are nearest to you please visit http://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.org/content/partner-libraries (Aotearoa People's Network Kaharoa). To find out which software is installed on the APNK network please visit the following linkhttp://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.info/faq/software To find out how to use NVDA on APNK computers please visit the following linkhttp://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.info/faq/nvda

To find out which software is available on the Christchurch City Library network, and how to start the NVDA screen reader, please go to the following links. Software available https://my.christchurchcitylibraries.com/faq/computers/#faq_5884How to start the NVDA screen reader on Christchurch City Library computers https://my.christchurchcitylibraries.com/faqs/what-screen-reader-software-is-available/