Re: Touch cursor support

Rui Fontes

Hello!

Let me try to explain a litle more technically...

All windows are formed by several objects of various types...
By instance, NotePad is an object, composed by child objects: application
menu bar, system menu bar, text area and status bar.

When you are navigating by object, using NVDA+4, NVDA+5, NVDA+6, you are
moving to the prior object, reading the actual object or moving to the next
object.
So, using Gene example, you start in the text area, and with NVDA+4 you will
move to the application menu bar...

NVDA+8 lets you move to the object containing the actual one. Returning to
Gene example, you go to the Untitled NotePad window.
In this level, if you use NVDA+4 or NVDA+6 you will move between the several
windows you have open on your machine...
If you press again NVDA+8, you will go up another level and you'll reach the
Desktop, the object containing all window applications, start menu and so
on. As Gene pointed, as Desktop is the object containing all others, it is
not possible to move to the prior or next object in this level since it is
the only one in this level...

To return to the NotePad application you must go down one level, pressing
NVDA+2, and then NVDA+6 to walk through the various application windows
open.

If the object navigation is understood, we can move to the other navigation
methods, like screen review and document review...

Rui