Re: Translating NVDA into Te Reo Māori option

Mohamed

I think ESpeak has support for the language, not sure if it's any good, though.

Hi Brian

The language pack for Windows does the language but does not have a text to speech voice. I just checked for that.

he did also mention that the HAL screen reader had a synth in it for there language but not sure from how long ago it was and if it was a hardware synth/voice or a software synth/voice. he is going to do some digging to see if he can track it down and or if it can be used if still around and not copyrighted unless it is by Hal.

I also said if it used sapi 4 or 5 voices etc and could be installed into windows it would be able to be used by other screen readers as well depending how they go about it.

He will either look into funding as well say either for a synth to be made for there language or translating the interface into there language. Or he might do the translating him self as he writes and speakes it as well.

it might be some thing the government might fund so it can be done? We will see what happens.

The other thing i did as well  is pointed him towards the e speak website and gave him directions etc of if he wants to have a go at making a e speak voice for there language and how to test it etc. I also pointed him towards the tweaky voice that he could print out or have it read and as you know it points towards the website i am guessing the project is still running as i see updates in nvda for it.

It has given him some food for thought to get started and see where it goes.

Yes it is for New Zealand and is a official language next to english here hince Gene nz been for the country.

Gene from New Zealand

On 26/03/2019 9:32 PM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
Also of course all the prompts in the  screenreader and  often add ons would need to be translated as well.
I think as has been said, it might not be worth it if no synth supports it. I'm guessing this is New Zealand then or one of the small  island clusters in that area?

Does Windows support it?
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.