Re: Odd behavior with Contact Group member list in Outlook 2016

Quentin Christensen

Not really an update, but I can confirm this issue with Office 365.  I have also previously reported it to Microsoft, and I can confirm that Narrator behaves exactly the same as NVDA in this case.

From my comment just now on the issue:

Several very imperfect workarounds in the interim:

  • Use next / previous object commands to have NVDA read the list. The command will report "selected" for the currently selected contact. As the focus is not correctly following to begin with, using object navigation here always behaves as if "focus moves navigator object" is off.

  • After using the arrow to move through the list, press ALT twice to move to the ribbon and back. The problem is the focus does NOT return to the list, it goes back to the list name, so you need to press TAB to then move back to the list, but then the last item with focus is reported.

On Thu, Mar 28, 2019 at 3:08 AM Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:
On Wed, Mar 27, 2019 at 12:03 PM, Brian's Mail list account wrote:
How would one rattle Microsofts cage on this.
Feedback Hub feedback as well as contacting the Microsoft Disability Answer desk.   And I'd think both would be important.

I haven't played with this with Narrator at all, so can't answer that part.

          ~ Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager