Re: Touch cursor support

Brian's Mail list account BY <bglists@...>

Does anyone know how to interact with the auto opening app in windows 7for available networks which in the system tray. Unless you cursor over it fast, it just blots the screen out with an apparently empty shell of a window, though sighted people tell me this is not so. Why it should auto open when you clearly do not click anything is most odd, but I have two 7 machines here with the same problem.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, July 01, 2016 10:03 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Touch cursor support

Hi,

A good example is Windows 10’s Settings app (Windows+I) where you do need to use object navigation to read descriptions of settings.

Cheers,

Joseph

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Friday, July 1, 2016 2:00 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Touch cursor support

Joseph Lee wrote: "If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10, use of object navigation is essential when using newer style apps."

Joseph, is there any material somewhere that gives some discussion or examples of using object navigation and the review cursor using some "real world" example?

I have not been able to get my arms around this, and it's probably because I'm trying to use it "in the wrong place." I strongly suspect that had I known how to use these features the step-by-step pizza ordering instructions for the Pizza Hut website I was trying to create might have been completed. I had one of those rare "throw up my hands and walk away" moments because I could not figure out how to get NVDA to "play correctly" with the various pop-up overlays, etc., and I'm almost certain it can.

Even if you could direct me to either an app or a website that's a good sandbox for this undertaking I'd appreciate it.

--
Brian

I worry a lot. . . I worry that no matter how cynical you become it's never enough to keep up.

~ Trudy, in Jane Wagner's "Search for Signs of Intelligent Life in the Universe"

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.